Monday, October 14, 2013

She's About to Pop Baby Shower


This summer my very good friend Annie was, well can I say, about to pop! I was so excited to throw her a baby shower to celebrate the upcoming arrival of baby Maylie.

As you can guess, everything revolved around the word "Pop." I used paper plates stuck on the wall to look like bubbles everywhere (thanks Emily and Casie for the idea!), and hung some Chinese lantern bubbles from the ceiling.

The food was so much fun to do.  Fruit "Pops", Cake "Pops", Spinach Salad with "Pop"pyseed Dressing, and "Pop"pyseed Sliders were on the menu.



There was also lemonade "Pop" to drink.


My favorite part, though, was the "Pop"corn buffet, with 3 kinds of Popcorn:

S'more Caramel Popcorn, Cinnamon Cookie Crunch Popcorn, and Spicy Cheese Popcorn.



I have to admit that I was pretty excited to find another use for this cute little chair that we got for our daughters' bedroom.  It fit in perfectly with the decor, so we used it and the little green table as our present area.

The cute momma. She got some cute girly things and we all had a wonderful time laughing, talking, and oohhhing and aahhing over cute little clothes. I did make the ladies play one game--I just had to, it went with the "pop" theme.  They each had to blow up a balloon the size they thought Annie's stomach was, then model it for us under their shirt. Whoever looked the same size as Annie won a prize (a ring "pop"). I have great pictures of it, but I know that they would kill me if I posted them on my blog :) so I'll let you imagine a room full of pregnant looking women.


And just one final thing for each of the ladies as they left--a small bottle of bubbles with the sign, "Thanks for Popping by." It was a big hit with the little kids that came along to the shower with their moms.

Love this lady. So glad we could have this fun day for her. (By the way, her baby is DARLING! What a little doll!)

No comments:

Post a Comment