Thursday, June 24, 2010

Hamburger Cake Balls


I had a bunch of leftover cake from my last project ("It's a Baby Girl"), so I decided to make some cake balls with it. I had seen a post recently on Bakerella that showed these cute little hamburger cake balls. Since Father's Day was a couple days away, I thought these would be perfect (my husband loves hamburgers).

They are pretty simple to do. It just requires dipping the cake balls in different colors of candy melts to get the hamburger, lettuce, tomato, and buns. I probably could have taken a little more time to make them a little nicer, but it was already 10pm the night before Father's Day when I finally started dipping, so I kind of rushed things. I also wish that I had some white nonpareils to sprinkle on top for the sesame seeds, but all I had was a bottle of multi-colored ones, and I really didn't want to hand pick out all the little white ones (some things just aren't worth it!). For detailed instructions and to see ones with the nonpareils on top, check out Bakerella's post here.

1 comment: