Monday, April 20, 2009

Rice Crispy Present Cake

A couple of weeks ago I had to demonstrate how to cover a cake with fondant for one of my classes. I actually just made up some rice crispy treats and pressed them into one of my cake pans instead of making a cake, because my husband is sick of cake and wanted something different. (This works great when you are doing a multi-teir wedding cake, and the wedding party doesn't really need that much cake--just do rice crispy treats for the bottom layer--the kids will love it). After my class I came home and decided to continue decorating it. Maybe I'm obsessive compulsive, but I just can't let someone eat a half-decorated cake. Well, it didn't last long after I decorated it. My husband bit into it within a few minutes of me finishing it up and taking pictures. I agree with him--a rice crispy treat cake really is so much better than a regular cake. Yumm.

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea you were so talented!! Rice Krispies are my favorite and every year my mom would make me a Rice Krispie cake for my birthday (instead of a traditional cake). Of course her's never looked like yours! (but don't tell her that) :)

    ReplyDelete